Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Use & Sale
Changes to the Conditions of Use & Sale, May 1, 2006
Welcome to G-Gibson.com. G-Gibson.com and its affiliates provide access to the G-Gibson.com website (the "website") and sell our products to you subject to the conditions set out on this page.
Please read these conditions carefully before using the G-Gibson.com website. By using the G-Gibson.com website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions. In addition, when you use any current or future G-Gibson.com service, you will also be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to that service.
Conditions Relating to Your Use of G-Gibson.com
1. Your Account
If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. You can access and update much of the information you provided us with the next time you go through the Checkout area of the website. If you have a problem with your Order, please contact us Immediately.
G-Gibson.com reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
Please review our Privacy Notice which also governs your visit to G-Gibson.com, to understand our practices.
3. Access to G-Gibson.com
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
4. Licence for website access
G-Gibson.com grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of G-Gibson.com. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of G-Gibson.com and its affiliates without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising G-Gibson.com's or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of G-Gibson.com. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by G-Gibson.com.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Welcome page of G-Gibson.com as long as the link does not portray G-Gibson.com, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any G-Gibson.com logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without our express written consent.
5. Your conduct
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You understand that you, and not G-Gibson.com, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
6. Reviews, comments, communications and other content
Users of this website may post reviews, comments and other content; send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. G-Gibson.com reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you
- (a) grant G-Gibson.com and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media; and
- (b) G-Gibson.com and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
You agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to G-Gibson.com, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of G-Gibson.com.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to G-Gibson.com: (i) the content and material is accurate; (ii) use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable G-Gibson.com policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory). You agree to indemnify G-Gibson.com and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against G-Gibson.com or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
7. Defamation claims
Because G-Gibson.com lists many products for sale on the website and hosts many comments, it is not possible for us to be aware of the contents of each product listed for sale, or each comment or review that is displayed. Accordingly, G-Gibson.com will take all precautions to filter out any Defamatory content and operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you believe that any content on, or advertised for sale on, the website contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by Contacting us. Once we have received contact, G-Gibson.com will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
8. Copyright, authors' rights and database rights
All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of G-Gibson.com, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by international copyright, authors rights and database right laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of G-Gibson.com and its affiliates and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws. All software used on this website is the property of G-Gibson.com, our affiliates or our software suppliers and is protected by international copyright and authors rights laws.
You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the website without G-Gibson.com's express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this website, without G-Gibson.com's express written consent. You also may not create and/or publish your own database that features substantial (eg our prices and product listings) parts of this website without G-Gibson.com's express written consent.
9. Copyright claims
G-Gibson.com and its affiliates respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please Contact us.
G-GIBSON.COM, GIBSON GROUP, G.GIBSON & CO LTD, GIBSON TOOLS, G.GIBSON & CO, the ‘GG’ LOGO, and other marks indicated on our website are trademarks or registered trademarks of G.Gibson & Co. or its subsidiaries (collectively "Gibson Group"), in the European Union and/or other jurisdictions. G-Gibson.com's graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of Gibson Group. Gibson Group's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not that of the Gibson Group's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the Gibson Group. All other trademarks not owned by Gibson Group that appear on this website are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by the Gibson Group.
Conditions Relating to the Sale of Products to You
This section deals with conditions relating to the sale of products by G-Gibson.com to you.
12. Our contract
When you place an order to purchase a product from G-Gibson.com, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've dispatched that product to you (the "Dispatch Confirmation E-mail"). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
We will dispatch your order within 5-7 days, and send it by private courier to the delivery address provided. If you do not provide a delivery address, we will dispatch it to the address relavant to the account. Depending on destination, it will arrive with you anytime from the next day, upto 2 weeks (Overseas etc) between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm local time. By accepting our terms and conditions, and by further confirming that you understand these delivery time by checking the box labelled "Delivery" on checkout, you accept that there will be someone present to accept delivery of the packagebetween these hours. If we cannot delivery because there is no-one to sign for the goods and no other arrangements were made then we reserve the right to charge a re-delivery fee. You will be notified of this re-delivery fee by e-mail, and it will be taken from the card which was used for payment. Please ensure that there will be someone to accept delivery, or contact us for more information about delivery options or to arrange a timed delivery.
13a. Free Delivery
Free delivery is available on qualifying orders delivered to the UK Mainland, whose order value is over £100ex Vat. This offer is subject to changes and restriction, details available on request. Please carefully check your order value at checkout, and only finalise your checkout process when you are satified you have understood the discount, and it has been applied.
Please review our Returns Policy, which applies to products purchased from us. Customers in the European Union are entitled to a statutory cooling-off period of seven business days. Details of this statutory right and an explanation of how to exercise it are provided in the order confirmation e-mail and in the Returns Policy.
15. Pricing and availability
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website, including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. Please note that dispatch estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed dispatch times and should not be relied upon as such. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail if any products you order turn out to be unavailable.
Despite our efforts, a small number of the hundreds of products in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If a product's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the product. If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatch or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
We proccess our payments offline, and when we have delivered your goods, your payment information is destroyed/deleted. We require that you give us the correct information regarding the registered billing address of any payment cards you use, and that if you require a different delivery address, it is provided on the original order. If you provide us with the wrong information relating to the cards billing address it will delay your order, refuse your order, and in some cases you will be fined. The fine is the exact value that we ourselves are fined for proccessing a card without the correct information from our Merchant service provider.
17. Health & Safety
By purchasing any product from our Store, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Health & Safety Guidelines.
Conditions Relating to Both Your Use of G-Gibson.com and Sales to You
G-Gibson.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use G-Gibson.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
19. Electronic communications
When you visit G-Gibson.com or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
G-Gibson.com will be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these conditions if the losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website, or a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. We will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website or when a contract for the sale of goods by us to you was formed. G-Gibson.com does not limit in any way our liability by law for death or personal injury caused from our negligence or breach of duty or caused by our gross negligence or wilful misconduct.
22. Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Conditions of Use & Sale at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Conditions of Conditions of Use & Sale in force at the time that you use the website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
23. Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
26. Our details
For the G-Gibson.com website
G.Gibson & Co Ltd
Vat Registration #
You can contact us by visiting www.G-Gibson.com/contactus
Notice to G-Gibson.com of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, Please contact us Immediately, and include your name, contact number, e-mail address and details of the infringement.
Important Warning: giving false, misleading or inaccurate information to G-Gibson.com of Copyright Infringement may result in civil and criminal liability.
G-Gibson.com Privacy Notice
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by G-Gibson.com is controlled primarily by G.Gibson & Co Ltd, Gibson House, Barrowby Lane, Garforth Leeds, LS25 1LA.
What Personal Information About Customers Does G-Gibson.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at G-Gibson.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store & prevent or detect fraud
Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our store, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses G-Gibson.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at G-Gibson.com if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from G-Gibson.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please Contact us to be removed from our Mailing Lists
- Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as Username, Passwords and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of G-Gibson.com's Shopping Facilities and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does G-Gibson.com Share the Information They Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. G-Gibson.com and G.Gibson & Co Ltd share customer information only as described below .
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of G-Gibson.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please Contact Us.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business’s. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that G.Gibson & Co Ltd, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of G-Gibson.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of G-Gibson.com, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We don’t reveal credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to not write down, or save on any media or format, your username and password, and only click the “Save username and password” box on your own computer, not a shared station.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
What Information Can I Access?
At present moment in time, Users have no access to any of there details through the website once the order has been placed. Any access will be by phone, Fax, e-mail, or in writing. This helps us prevent any un-authorised access to your Information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please Contact us to be removed from any mailing Lists.(If you do not want to receive Conditions of use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of G-Gibson.com and orders placed with G-Gibson.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use G-Gibson.com?
G-Gibson.com does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use G-Gibson.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit G-Gibson.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at G-Gibson.com, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through G-Gibson.com;communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide and rate Reviews; As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services;
Information You Can Access
Any information held by us, about you is available through the previously mentioned channels (Phone,Fax,E-mail,in Writing) although some proof of identity will be required before release.
Basic returns policy: If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 14 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals, Packaging and shrink-wrap intact) and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item. (Not the total invoice amount, inc carriage etc) Please follow the procedure below for returning your item.
Returns for faulty, damaged*, or wrongly sent items can also be accepted, and a full refund of the products and carriage will be issued** (Carriage Max. £10 inc VAT – Proof required). Please follow the procedure below for returning your item.
We cannot accept returns after 14 days for any reason apart from Faulty or wrongly sent items.
Returns Procedure: Please email/Call us with the following information;
Reason for return
We will issue you with a RA (Returns Authorisation Number) which must be clearly displayed on the package you send back. This is the only information you need to show on the returned items. Once we have Issued an RA number, you have 14 days in which to return it to us. Once we have received the package it may take up to 10 days to process, and if the return is accepted* a Refund***Will be authorised.
Please note that we cannot accept returns that are delivered to us by hand.
* Damaged items will be assessed, if cause of damage is found to be prior to use, eg carrier or workshop damage, then the Return will be accepted. If it is found to be damaged through use, unless it’s a warranty claim, it will be rejected. We cannot accept damage claims after the tool has been used. Please thoroughly inspect your tools on arrival.
**Refunds can only be credited to the original Purchase card, and no cash refunds or credits to other accounts will be permitted.
***Refund amount dependant on type of claim; and our incursion of reasonably avoidable costs. If the cost of postage is greater that £10 including VAT, please contact us before proceeding.